Are you a first-time parent? No problem. Often, first-time parents struggle with the task of buying a stroller. After all, many first time parents are torn between buying a stroller or a bassinet. Well, there is a very simple solution to that issue. You should purchase a stroller and a bassinet in one—known as a bassinet stroller.
Bassinet strollers are not only economical (in terms of saving on buying separately), but they are useful too. Not only will you have a bassinet for your child while they are below six months of age, you will have a nifty stroller once your child is of age, effectively killing two birds with one stone while also helping your wallet out too! Now, here are five of the best bassinet strollers on the market.
Choosing the right stroller is essential when it comes to both the ease and accessibility of navigating your daily life with a baby in tow. The best bassinet stroller for you is one that fits in nicely with your lifestyle and budget. When choosing, ask yourself a few questions:
- Where will you be using the stroller?
- Where will you be storing the stroller?
- How many babies need to fit in the stroller?
- How much stuff do you typically carry with you on an outing?
Benefits of a Bassinet Stroller
One of the biggest benefits of a bassinet stroller is the fact that you can take the bassinet out wherever and whenever you want. It is extremely convenient, especially if you travel a lot and find yourself having to take the baby out and put the baby back into the car often.
Another advantage is the fact that it does double as a stroller as well as the bassinet. It can also be used in adverse weather conditions because many come with weather shields and covers that can be used to protect the baby from the harsh UV rays or even light rain showers while you are out.
Carry a lot of stuff with you while you are out? Bassinet strollers offer a lot in the way of storage. Many of them have a built-in basket at the bottom that can be used to hold a diaper bag or whatever supplies you need like diapers, formula, and blankets.
You will also find that many bassinet strollers are also lightweight. Many are made of aluminum and durable plastics that are easier to carry around. You will want to keep this in mind when choosing your stroller because you don’t want any unnecessary weight to drag around with you.
Bassinet Stroller Considerations
In addition to finding a lightweight bassinet stroller, you should also make sure that the bassinet is easily removable and is not a hassle every time it needs to come out. The right covers should also be included to ensure that the baby is protected and comfortable at all times.
When choosing the stroller, also make sure that the materials used in its construction are non-toxic and breathable and make sure it is easy to store with a more than simple mechanism.
Other features to look for when purchasing a stroller are the brakes. The brakes should be easy to operate. A special safety feature many strollers have is a brake system that locks two wheels. Also, make sure that as the baby gets older, they can’t reach the brake release lever.
Check the base of the stroller. If it has a wider base, it is much less likely that it will tip over. A wide base offers much more in the way of stability and security for you and your baby.
If you are looking to purchase a double stroller because you have more than one child that you need to accommodate, make sure you get one footrest that extends the width of the stroller. A single footrest will prove to be much safer for a double stroller because their little feet can easily get trapped between two separate footrests.
With a touch of European fashion, the Hot Mom 3-in-1 Travel and Bassinet Baby Stroller has an innovative egg-shaped capsule for the comfort of your newborn. It also has a bunch of other features such as:
- It’s Maneuverable – The front wheels are swivel wheels, which will allow you to navigate through crowded places and narrow passageways. The rear wheels will also safely lock in case you want to stop the stroller.
- It’s a Compact Stroller – The Hot Mom 3-in-1 Travel System and Bassinet Baby Stroller has a one-click folding button and is easy to unfold. Also, it takes up very little space, which is optimum in tight situations—literally.
- Has a Height Adjustable Handlebar – Let’s be honest; carrying a bassinet isn’t always easy. That’s why this bassinet stroller features a height-adjustable handlebar that makes it more convenient for parents of all heights to use the stroller without any strain.
Featured as one of the best bassinet strollers on the market, the Urbini Omni Solo Versatile Convertible Stroller. To start, this stroller is inexpensive and can be used as a bassinet, stroller, and car seat, all at the same time. Here are some other features of why the Urbini Omni Solo Versatile Convertible Stroller is one of the best:
- It’s Cost Effective – Being a 3-in-1 stroller, you can effectively use this item from the time your child is born to the time when he or she outgrows the stroller. Ultimately, this will save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Easy to Clean – We all know children have little accidents. However, when your child eventually has a little mishap, you can rest easy knowing you can clean this whole stroller with warm, soapy water and a damp cloth.
- Has Nice Storage – The seat basket has a nice storage for you to store all of your baby essentials, especially for long trips.
The Britax 2017 B-Ready Stroller is a new, modish bassinet stroller for parents who want to add a little pep to their step. With 12 different seating options, this versatile stroller is perfect for first-time parents who want an inexpensive stroller that is worth more than the price. Here are some key features:
- It’s a Travel Stroller – With foam-filled tired, this stroller is made for travel. It also has linked parking brakes and can stop with a single step.
- 12 Different Seating Options – The seat is reversible and multi-recline. You can face the seat in 12 different positions using a car seat adapter.
- It’s Compatible – The Britax 2017 B-Ready Stroller is compatible with many car seats. You can even add a second seat and stroll two children, thereby making this stroller versatile and multi-use, even with twins!
Being the most modern and sophisticated bassinet stroller on the market, the Inglesina – Trilogy Stroller with Bassinet is a unique bassinet stroller with a lot to offer, especially with a beautiful price tag. Without any further delay, here are three of the best features for this delightful bassinet stroller:
- Has an Active Brake Lever – With an active brake lever, the stroller will stop as soon as the lever is pressed. This adds a cushion of safety to the stroller with your precious newborn inside.
- Has a High Weight Capacity – The Inglesina – Trilogy Stroller with Bassinet can hold children up to 55 pounds, so you will be glad to know that this stroller can be used for a bulk of your newborn’s toddler years.
- Altered Canopy with Hood – Equipped with a large canopy and hood with UPF50+ sun protection, your child will be wholly protected from the dangerous rays of the sun.
Although this is the best bassinet stroller on the market, the only downside is that you have to separately purchase the bassinet and car seat. It’s not really a big enough deal, however, to hinder a purchase, but this is just worth noting.
If you are looking for a luxury stroller, then this is it. It is suitable for a baby that is 0 to 36 months in age and is the best travel system you can find for your little one. It easy to open and close, and the handle is adjustable and allows the baby to be able to either face you or the street. It is a reversible stroller seat – forward and rear facing – that is easily adjustable all around.
- Reversible Stroller Seat – this allows baby to have a forward or rear-facing view. Baby can face you or the street. It is also adjustable so the baby can either sit or lie down.
- High-Quality Construction – this stroller is equipped with explosion-proof wheels and a natural rubber that provides a smoother and safer ride. It also includes a pedal brake to further add to its overall safety.
- Adjustable Handles – the handles are adjustable, making it easier for the parent to find the most comfortable height to push the stroller.
The overall design of this bassinet stroller was inspired by an eggshell design and Sydney Opera House. The manufacturers of this stroller paid special attention to the baby ergonomics to ensure that it is both safe and comfortable. They found that the eggshell designed was better for spine development and provides the infant with more in the way of security. It was also designed to give the baby a better view of their surroundings.
- High Landscape Design – the design of this stroller keeps the baby at a much higher height, so they are away from the exhaust of nearby vehicles. It also offers them a much more spacious view of their surroundings.
- Large, All-Terrain Wheels – this stroller is equipped with swivel air wheels with brakes that offer durable performance. The shock absorbing suspension also offers baby a much more comfortable ride.
- Easy Installation – With simple video instruction, this can be assembled in just minutes.
This bassinet stroller offers both comfort and ease for everyone using it. It is the perfect addition to any family outing while still being ready and able to overcome a number of challenges that strollers often face while the family is on an adventure. This stroller was inspired by nature and comes in three different colors to choose from – Parrot Blue, Hippo Gray, Elephant Gray. It also comes with three different configurations – Mono, Duo, and Twin.
- Modular Design – the three different configurations make it easy to travel with all your kids, even if you have more than one. Even two kids can remain mobile with this stroller, and it has convenient and easy one-handed steering.
- Plenty of Storage Space – it comes equipped with an easy access XXL basket, so you have plenty of room to store all the essentials for any trip out.
- Easy to Fold – it is easy to fold with just one smooth motion and even being able to seat two kids, you will find that it provides a very compact one-piece fold.
This stroller is extremely versatile and is ready for your next adventure. It can accommodate a child up to 37.5 pounds and comes with an infant bassinet. It then converts easily into a toddler stroller. So, if you are looking for a luxury stroller that will grow with your child – this is it.
- 3-Position Reversible Seat – it has a padded and ergonomically designed seat that can position the baby comfortably in three different positions. It is also reversible, so the baby has a view of either you or the world.
- Height-Adjustable Handlebar – this feature allows you to reverse the handlebar when you are met with rough terrain. It also allows you to raise or lower the handlebar to accommodate your height.
- Car Seat Compatible – the company offers car seat adapters for many of the more popular car seat models which makes the transition from car to stroller much easier and more convenient.
- Plenty of Storage – this model also boasts of a newly redesigned under seat basket where you have plenty of room to carry all your essentials.
This comes as one of the more highly rated bassinet stroller models currently available. It grows with the child, which makes it a good investment. It can be used with children up to three years of age or 40 pounds. The bassinet and the separate seat can also be installed so that it is forward facing or rear facing.
- Folding Chassis – it can be easily folded and also features comfortable suspension and a rocking option. The wheels do not swivel which makes it easier to handle.
- Plenty of Space – there is plenty of space for your child to relax. It offers a flat area for the baby to sleep while also allowing for a smooth ride for little to no disruptions.
- Multi-Terrain – the air pumped wheels, and easy maneuverability make this the ideal stroller even when met with rough terrain.
Claiming to be the world’s first power-folding stroller seat, 4moms Origami Stroller and Bassinet is one of the classiest and innovative bassinet strollers and travel systems on the market. It even gives parents the ability to charge their cell phones and light up a glowing LCD dashboard from power stemming from the wheel’s generators. Here are some of the other features of this amazing bassinet stroller:
- Trendy Interface – The 4moms Origami Stroller and Bassinet kit gives you the ability to charge your phone for extended outdoor and indoor trips. Also, the LCD interface tracks the miles you walk, the temperature, and whether or not your child is in the seat.
- Easy to Fold – One of the best features about this stroller is that it folds automatically, earning the moniker, “Origami”. This allows the bassinet stroller to be compactly stored and it even unfolds at the press of a button.
- Offers Supreme Protection – The seat of this amazing stroller is oval shaped, which is designed to protect your child from all angles. The canopy is large and transparent, allowing you to always keep a watching eye over your precious one.
With all advantages aside, one major downside of 4moms Origami Stroller and Bassinet kit is that it is expensive compared to the other bassinet strollers on the market. With this stroller, however, you will actually be killing two birds with one stone anyway. Besides, you have to buy a bassinet anyway for children below six months of age.
It can sometimes be difficult to find the perfect stroller for your newborn because they can’t sit up or hold their heads yet. For this reason, they need to remain in a reclining seat and position. Some strollers can fully recline or as you can see from above, can be used in combination with a bassinet attachment or an infant car seat.
With all the available stroller options, it is important to educate yourself on stroller safety and really understand what the baby needs before you make the investment. For example, umbrella strollers are made for older children and should not be used for children who can’t adequately support their head and back.
A jogging stroller also shouldn’t be used because they are not designed to recline, which means this is not an appropriate stroller option until the child is at least six months of age.
Finding the right travel system is easy once you know what you need. They allow you to easily move baby from the car to the stroller almost effortlessly.