If you have been following my blog, you already know that I m too busy for super complicated baking recipes. I still love food. I love eating more than cooking so when a friend showed me this easy and quick bread recipe, I thought I would give it a try.
375 Wholemeal bread flour
125 White strong flour
7 gr yeast powder
10 gr salt
325 ml warm water
Lug of olive oil
You only need 7 minutes to prepare. Follow these steps and you will have a fresh homemade bread in less than 3 hours:
1. Mix the 2 different floursin a large container
2. Divide the flour into 3 parts as pictured. The middle part contain the olive oil and the sides the yeast and the salt
3. Add water and knead for 3 minutes until you reach this consistency (it might take less than 3 minutes)
Put some cling film on top of the container and let it rest for 2 hours (or overnight/for the whole day as I do!)
4. When the dough reaches this size (it has basically doubled in size)
You can need for 3 minutes. Before kneading, put some oil on your worktop. I took the oil cap as a comparison for you to understand the quantity.
Let the dough rest for at least 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, put the down on a parchments paper, make some light cuts on the top part of the dough and sprinkle some white flour. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 225 C and for 10 minutes at 200 C.
Baker’s tip: Put 8 ice cubes inside a small tin together with the bread the oven. Your bread will come out with a lovely crust!
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.