Are you looking for a suitable stroller for your three year old? They may be getting older but their legs still get tired too, especially on those long walks and day trips.
Finding a stroller that is the right size for them can sometimes seem difficult as many on the market are designed for younger children. We’ve browsed the market and selected our top picls of the best strollers for three year olds. You will also find a handy buyers guide below with all our top tips for choosing the best stroller.
If you’re in a hurry and don’t have the time to read on, we have selected our top pick for you below.
In a hurry? This is our winner!
Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller, Jet Black – Lightweight Stroller with Aluminum Frame, Large Seat Area, 4 Position Recline, Extra Large Storage Basket – Infant Stroller for Travel and More (2019)
- LIGHTWEIGHT – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier! The Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller has a durable aluminum frame that weighs just 13 pounds and has a large seat area, plus anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands, having a lightweight, compact stroller is a must! With this one easy to use stroller, you’ll have both an everyday and travel stroller option
- 4-POSITION RECLINE - Keep your little one comfortable and safe at all times with the 4 position recline and 5 point safety harness. Maximum weight of child for this toddler stroller: 50 pounds
- COMPACT FOLD – The easy compact fold with carry strap and auto lock makes it simple to store this lightweight umbrella stroller and bring it with you to go! Plus, the adjustable and removable canopy with flip out sun visor is perfect for sunny days
- EXTRA STORAGE – With plenty of storage in this stroller, you won’t have to leave anything at home. It includes an extra-large storage basket, rear storage pocket and cup holder. Don’t overload storage basket: maximum of 10 lbs
Best Strollers for Three Year Olds – Comparison Table
Best Strollers for Three Year Olds – Reviews
We have selected the Summer 3D Lite Convenience stroller as our top pick for you. It’s lightweight weighing only 13 pounds; ideal for running those everyday errands but great for travelling too as it is easy to fold away. This stroller has a convenient carry strap and autolock which makes it easy to transport while you are on the go.
It’s nice and roomy for your three year old with a large seat and antishock front wheels for a smooth ride. The rear wheels are lockable.
Your child is guaranteed to have a comfortable ride in this stroller thanks to the four position seat recline; they can lay back for a nap or sit upright to take in their surroundings. It also has safety in mind with the five point harness so you know that they are not at risk of falling out.
On this stroller you will find an adjustable and removeable canopy as well as a flip out sun visor. This is perfect for those summer days where they need some added protection from the sun.
There is plenty of room for storing the essentials on this stroller. Not only is there an extra large storage basket beneath the stroller but there are also rear storage pockets and cup holders too.
This stroller can hold a maximum weight of 50 pounds.
- It is very good value for money for a lightweight stroller.
- It comes in a variety of different colors.
- It is made with a durable aluminium frame so it is sturdy and long lasting.
- This stroller has been theme park approved which is ideal if you plan on visiting any for day trips with your three year old.
- It is capable of handling different terains well, such as uneven roads and gravel. It is easy to assemble.
- It can be difficult to unfold and fold this stroller.
- It doesn’t have a thick cushioned seat so some toddlers may find it uncomfortable if they are sat in here for long amounts of time.
Our second pick is this Kolcraft Cloud plus lightweight easy fold compact stroller. It has a maximum weight of 40 pounds and a maximum height of 40 inches which makes it an ideal size for three year olds.
It is lightweight so a great pick if you’re looking for a stroller that is suitable for travelling. It is also Disney theme park approved so if you do have any visits here planned, you do not have to worry about the size of your stroller.
There is an extended canopy to protect them from the sun and a small window in the canopy allowing you to keep an eye on them.
This is a great option if you are looking for a compact stroller as it has one hand and self standing fold. With children you often have your hands full at once, so this makes folding and unfolding the stroller a lot more convenient.
The wheels are suitable for all terrains and the suspension means your child is going to have a smooth and comfortable ride.
Storage isnt an issue with this stroller. There is a large easy to access storage basket beneath the stroller and an additional storage section on the canopy. There is also a child tray with a dual cup and juice holder box. This is removable so you don’t have to have it on the stroller if you don’t want to. There is also extra storage thanks to the parent tray on top which gives you room to keep your drinks too.
- The five point harness system menas that you don’t have to worry about your child falling out.
- It is a really good, affordable price.
- There is a reclining seat so your child can sit or lay comfortably.
- It’s an ideal size for three year olds.
- It is suitable for use on different terrains.
- It is lightweight so super easy to lift in and out of the car.
- Some customers have found that the tray is a little difficult to remove.
- The cup holders are a little small so may not hold certain sized cups or bottles.
The Britax B lively lightweight stroller is our next pick for you. It is a great lightweight option that has a maximum weight limit of 55 pounds. It has all wheel suspension so you can be sure that your child is going to have a smooth and gentle ride.
It comes with a one hand quick fold button which makes it a super convenient and easy option. You can simply fold it, store it and go! This stroller sports a reclining seat so that your children can either sleep comfortably or they can sit upright; taking in everything that is going on around them.
This stroller comes with a number of impressive additional features like an extra large storage basket so you have plenty of room to keep your essentials. There is also a ventilated UV50+ canopy which is great for protecting them in the warm weather. You will also find a large zipper pocket for additional storage and a peek a boo window so you can keep an eye on them.
This stroller is available in four different patterns too so there is one for everyone.
- It is made with lightweight aluminium so it is easy to carry around but durable too.
- It has sturdy wheels and is suitable for smooth journeys over all terrains.
- It is available in two versions: the individual stroller or the double stroller so there are options to cater to different needs.
- It is nice and easy to fold and store away thanks to the one hand quick fold button, so you don’t have to spend ages figuring out how to do it.
- It has an adjustable handle which is great for allowing people to choose the height of the stroller that is most comfortable for them to push.
- It’s easy to transport as it is nice and compact.
- It is a little more expensive than others that we have listed.
- This stroller doesn’t come with any cup holders which may be impractical for some people.
Next up we have chosen the Baby Jogger Mini Stroller. It can hold a child up to 65 pounds and has a five point harness system so you can push your child in this stroller without fearing that they may fault out.
It is nice and easy to fold away thanks to its one hand fold system. It is compact too so can fit into smaller spaces with ease.
It is designed with air rubber tyre wheels with effective suspension so you can travel easily over any terrain.
They also consider your comfort whilst you push this stroller and provide you with an adjustable handle bar so you can alter it to the height that is most comfortable for you.
There is hand operated braking so that you have complete control all within an arm’s reach.
This stroller is available in different colours so there is plenty of choice.
- As a jogger stroller it is ideal for those parents who wish to take their children out on jogs with them, especially when this involves going over uneven terrain.
- The adjustable handle allows you to push this stroller with comfort.
- It is nice and easy to manouvre and gives you complete control whilst you push it.
- It is easy to assemble.
- This stroller can be folded away easily, saving you the hassle of trying to figure out how to collapse it.
- It is one of the more expensive strollers that we have mentioned.
- This stroller doesn’t come with cup holders so they will need to be purchased separately.
Finally we have chosen the Pockit Lightweight Stroller. This stroller is designed with a unique shape and won a Guinness world record in 2014 for being the most compact stroller. I think it’s fair to say you don’t have to worry about size and convenience being an issue.
It may be small but it is still super strong. It’s made with high quality materials and is suitable for children from 6 months to 55 pounds, so it is ideal for three year olds. Whilst holding your child in this stroller it can also hold an additional 11 pounds in the storage basket.
This is a great option for those looking for something small and easy to carry around with them thanks to how lightweight it is. It can easily be folded away for travelling too.
You do not need to be concerned in regards to the safety of this stroller as it comes with a padded and secure adjustable safety harness. This way the stroller can grow with your child as you can make the straps looser as they get bigger.
There are plenty of additional features on offer too, it has easy one hand pushing and steering, lockable front swivel wheels and rear wheel parking brake. There is also an overhead canopy to protect your child from the weather and padded handle bars to provide you with comfort whilst you push them.
This stroller is available in a variety of colors.
- It’s nice and compact so ideal for those who find themselves travelling often or needing a stroller that fits easily into tighter spaces.
- Despite being lightweight it is still sturdy thanks to it aluminium frame.
- Thanks to its neat size it’s super easy to carry around and can fit nicely into larger bags and luggage.
- This stroller can be cleaned easily which is an added bonus with three year old who can be a little messy sometimes.
- The wheels are sturdy and easy to manouvre.
- Storage space is slightly limited, smaller bags can fit in the compartment under the stroller but there isn’t a lot of room for anything else.
- The sun visor isn’t the most effective at protecting the children from the sun.
- It can be a little difficult to collapse this stroller.
Best Strollers for Three Year Olds – Buyers Guide
Below we have listed some advice and tips that we would recommend you considering before going out and purchasing your stroller.
Size and weight
Size is really important when it comes to this age category. You want one that is big enough for your three year old to sit in comfortably without them being restricted on leg room etc. This also links to the weight of the stroller. You will find that most strollers aimed at this age range are lightweight. However, pay attention to what the different brands classify as lightweight. Different strollers have different versions of lightweight and sometimes there is a big difference. This is important because the weight that your stroller is capable of carrying may affect what extras you can fit into the stroller too.
This is probably the most important thing to look into before purchasing your stroller, of course your childs safety is the priority so it is important to ensure that the product you buy is the safest possible.
All strollers should meet the basic safety standards to show that they are safe for your children. They should also have a five point harness system to keep your child safety strapped in the stroller and prevent them from the risk of falling out when you are on the move.
The brakes should also be stable and easy to use so that the stroller doesn’t move at all when the brakes are locked.
Also it is worth checking that there are no visible sharp hinges and edges. At this age your little ones are likely to be prone to getting their fingers stuck or caught so this avoids any risk of this occurring.
Compact/ Fold away features
A great advantage of many strollers is how easy they can be folded away. As a smaller stroller they tend to fit into those tight spaces with ease. This is beneficial because it makes them ideal for travelling and storing.
The Different Types of Strollers
The market for strollers is broad and they actually fall into different categories. You can get a full sized stroller, a lightweight stroller, a jogging stroller, a double stroller or a travel system. Different people may have different preferences in what stroller they would prefer.
How long are you likely to use the stroller for?
You want to make a purchase that is going to provide you with long lasting value. Three year olds are at the age where they are growing quickly everyday therefore you will want a stroller that gives them plenty of room to do so. You do not want to purchase your stroller then find yourself having to replace it with a bigger one a few months down the line.
Easy to assemble
Having a stroller that is easy to assemble tends to make things a lot easier. They often come with many different parts and you don’t want to be spending lots of time trying to figure out what goes where. Therefore it is recommended that you opt for one that is easy to assemble which ultimately consumes less of your time.
Typically you will find that strollers come with similar accessories. This tends to include a raincover and a sun shade. Some more expensive prams may offer you more accessories than cheaper options.
Having a buget in mind of how much you would like to spend is always a good idea so that you can look for strollers within your price range. The more expensive ones may be more luxurious and offer you some additional accessories. However that isn’t to say that cheaper ones aren’t going to be just as good. If you are going to be using this stroller regularly then you may want to invest in a more expensive one.